Our Anacortes refinery is located about 70 miles north of Seattle on Puget Sound and has a total crude oil capacity of 119,000 barrels per calendar day (bpcd).
The refinery processes Canadian crude, domestic crude from North Dakota and Alaska North Slope and international crudes to manufacture gasoline, distillates, heavy fuel oil and propane. The refinery distributes products through pipeline connected terminals and vwin德赢足球推荐’s marine terminal via ships and barges.
Health, 安全 and Environment
At vwin德赢足球推荐, the health and safety of our employees is of paramount concern. We take steps to ensure an accident-free, incident-free workplace no matter where it is. Due to that commitment, we've implemented safety measures and been recognized as a leader in safety.
At the same time, we are committed to minimizing our impact on the environment. 像这样, we are involved in multiple programs, support several organizations and implement various initiatives that aim to protect our environment and the local communities in which we operate.
Below is a list of accolades and accomplishments that we've earned at our Anacortes refinery.
- Created an employee-based team (EAGLES) to coordinate refinery and community environmental projects
- Leading indicators are used to drive continuous improvement in environment, health and safety performance
- Emphasis on process safety, including employee-led programs
- 2016 American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers (AFPM) Elite Gold 安全 Award Winner
- 2015 AFPM Elite Silver 安全 Award Winner
- 安全 performance in top quartile of industry
At Marathon Petroleum, we know that community is important. It's why we do what we do every day. So, aside from fueling the Anacortes area, we also make it a priority to be actively involved in efforts that have a positive impact on the community. Listed below are some of the ways that we do just that.
- Invest in local environmental shoreline enhancement projects
- Provided investment to establish the Boys and Girls Club of Skagit science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) Academy
- Investments in American Red Cross to purchase, equip and deploy new regional emergency response vehicles
- Sponsor Skagit County middle school students to attend Mountain School in North Cascades National Park
- Invest in regional college Voc Tec programs
- Invest in local area senior centers to improve programs and facilities
- Invest in communications and equipment upgrades for regional first responders
- Host the annual March Point Run benefiting the United Way of Skagit County